Monday, December 10, 2012

Steampunk Fashions

Happy Monday! Last week I was attending a networking event and received an education from one of the panelist about Steampunk. The topic came up, after I shared with the group. The definition of a "sewing lounge" and some of the classes available at the Sassy SEWER. I mentioned that a corset class has been scheduled for January.

She went on to explain the Steampunk culture and stated that she wanted to create a corset. I of course, was excited she wanted to learn to sew! She whips out her Ipad and proceeded to show me Steampunk fashion. There were corsets, bustles, clothing with structure. I was in awe!   

Wild Wild West (1965-1969)
Wild Wild West (1999)


The fashions reminded me of the TV series Wild Wild West when I was a kid.  Action, romance, fashion and fantasy.  I loved that show.  

Steampunk also reminded me of, Nicole Kidman in Moulin Rouge!  One of my top ten movies!!!  Remember the Moulin Rouge video?

Corsets aren't just for the Steampunk culture.  Corsets have many practical and modern day uses, such as bridal gowns, formal wear,  lingerie and as foundation garments.  If you are interested in sewing your own corset/formal wear or sew for others, this is the class for you.  Fashion design students this class is for you!  

Register online for January's scheduled Beginning Corsetry!  

No comments:

Post a Comment