Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Student Profile: Allie

Allie is a  27 yr. old, former Assistant Designer for Under Armour.   She began the You Can Make It sewing series Jan  2013.  Allie came to the Sassy SEWer with some sewing experience, a passion for fashion sewing and wanting to build her skills for work. 

In a online interview I asked Allie the following questions: 


Sassy SEWer: Why did you choose to learn to sew? 

Allie: To sew design and sew my own original garments.

Sassy SEWer: Why did you choose the Sassy SEWer for your sewing lessons
Allie:   I heard that Blondell was the "BEST"  
Sassy SEWer:  Thanks Allie, I try.


Sassy SEWer:  What is/are the most valuable skill 
you learned? 
Allie: I learned the importance of taking accurate measurements and understanding finished garment measurements to get the fit I desire. 

Sassy SEWer: Why did you choose to learn to sew? 

Allie: To improve my skills at work and to make my own clothes.

Sassy SEWer: Why did you choose the Sassy SEWer for your sewing lessons

Allie:  I researched sewing lessons in my area online and chose the Sassy SEWer because of the comprehensive sewing instruction, convenience, pricing and reputation.  

Sassy SEWer:  What is/are the most valuable skill you learned? 
Allie: Understanding pattern measurements. Zippers. All of it was great, just getting comfortable with the machine and working with the fabrics was the biggest part for me.

Sassy SEWer:  Overall, are you satisfied the lessons you received at the Sassy SEWer?

Allie: I am extremely, satisfied.  

Sassy SEWer: How do you plan to use your new sewing skills?
Allie: I plan to sew for myself and to start a fashion related business. 

Allie has completed levels 1 -5 of the YCMI sewing series.  Allie has since left us to move to the West Coast, but plans to continue the program in Cali.  Allison will surely be missed. Wishing her much success in her new career.   Can't wait to see her again, when I visit Cali or when she comes home to visit Baltimore.  Please help me wish Allie the best in her new fashion career by commenting on the post.  





1 comment: