Monday, July 16, 2012

18" Doll Sewing Camp


Winter 2012 Collection

What an awesome week of sewing and fashion design! The Sassy SEWer's first 18" Doll Sewing Camp was so much fun. I've never owned an 18" doll, but did have a 24' doll named Jo Ann when I was a kid.  I had no sewing skills then.  I recall imagining all the clothes Jo Ann could be wearing.  I suspect, I lost interest and Jo Ann disappeared.  When I was older, I recall, asking my Mom repeatedly about the whereabouts of Jo Ann.  I never got an answer. 

     After my dad passed away, my sister and I were left to clean out our childhood home.  Our parents saved everything!.  I couldn't believe it when we found Jo Ann in a cedar chest.  She was in fair condition, her face was smashed a bit from something laying on her face.   Once again, I found myself imagining all the clothes I could now sew for her.  Another reason, I'm glad I know how to sew. 



1 down, 6 more to go!


The girls completed several outfits for their 18" dolls using the Kids Can Sew and Fashion Design packet for 18" Dolls. The packet contains patterns to make a skirt, shorts, round neck blouse, pants, square neck blouse, sewing bag, night shirt and peasant blouse.  The pattern packet is available for sale.  However, I think the girls have more fun when they sew with other girls.  The girls seamed to have to have a great time sewing as a group! 



Kids Can Sew & Fashion Design

 

 
 
 
 
 
The girls can also learn to sew for their 18"/American Girl doll at a birthday party! Email me for details! 

1 comment:

  1. Aww too cute! My granddaughters love making clothes for their dolls with my scraps!

    ReplyDelete