Tuesday, December 14, 2010

What to Blog About?

I must admit, I've not had the time to blog.  I'm so busy teaching sewing,  responding to emails and voice mail, advertising classes, searching for instructors, doing paperwork and more.  I've been pondering for several months about committing to updating my blog and what to write about.  I've perused many sewing blogs and frankly, I don't want to read another tutorial or detailed description of how a garment was constructed.

So that's the question of the year.....How can I make my blog interesting, but not a sewing lesson.  I was discussing this with one of my students today and she suggested that I blog about my students.  I was already thinking of that! :)   I could blog about how they learn, their fears with grading and trimming seams, their completed projects and more.  In other words, the real life stuff that happens when you learn to sew. 

So of course I was thinking would my students want or appreciate me blogging about them.  So next week before we break for Christmas I will ask permission to include their stories in my blog.  No full names will be disclosed. If they all agree, that's what I'll blog about in 2010 in addition to my sewing adventures.  


Wish me luck!!!


Blondell








 

No comments:

Post a Comment