Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Student Profile - Yetunde Sarumi, She Made It with YCMI


Yetunde is a  31 yr. old, IT Recruter from Nigeria.   She began the You Can Make It sewing series in April 2012 and graduated the program in July 2013. Yetunde came to the Sassy SEWer with no sewing experience and a passion for fashion sewing.  Yetunde often incorporates Ankara fabrics in her designs.  

In a online interview I asked Yetunde the following questions: 

Sassy SEWer: Why did you choose to learn to sew? Yetunde: I learned to sew for fun and to make original fashions. 


Sassy SEWer: Why did you choose the Sassy SEWer for your sewing lessons

Yetunde:  I researched sewing lessons in my area online and chose the Sassy SEWer because of the comprehensive sewing instruction, convenience, pricing and reputation.  

Sassy SEWer:  What is/are the most valuable skill you learned? 
Yetunde: I learned the importance of taking accurate measurements and understanding finished garment measurements to get the fit I desire. 

Sassy SEWer: Why did you choose to learn to sew? 

Yetunde: I learned to sew for fun and to make original fashions

Sassy SEWer: Why did you choose the Sassy SEWer for your sewing lessons

Yetunde:  I researched sewing lessons in my area online and chose the Sassy SEWer because of the comprehensive sewing instruction, convenience, pricing and reputation.  

Sassy SEWer:  What is/are the most valuable skill you learned? 
Yetunde: I learned the importance of taking accurate measurements and understanding finished garment measurements to get the fit I desire.  

Sassy SEWer:  Overall, are you satisfied the lessons you received at the Sassy SEWer?

Yetunde: I am extremely, satisfied.  

Sassy SEWer: How do you plan to use your new sewing skills?
Yetunde: I plan to sew for myself, friends and family and to start a fashion related business. Check out the garments she made in class:  


Yetunde is another YCMI success story.  She has her own personal blog and online store where you can see and buy her creations.   Follow her on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter




No comments:

Post a Comment